Our repeater is located on top of the Del Webb Hospital in Sun City West Arizona. Net operation is every morning at 9:00 AM 365 days a year! Most evenings at 8 PM too!
Pick your favorite morning personality, or try them all!
Learn trivia, hear a history lesson or just chit-chat!
Search for Echolink 598882 NY7S-R
A very informal "social" net.
Get away from that TV and get on the air to chat with friends, club members and other hams who like to rag chew (chat).
Sunday evenings, you will find an informal chat on 147.300, about equipment. Get your equipment questions answered on this net.
Monday through Thursday at 8:00 PM
This net is designed for hams who are new to calling in to the net and/or new to the area. Net Controller is Lee Ann Ciccone, KJ7AZR, who is a Newbie herself. Don't be a check-in chicken! "Not-so-New" hams are also welcome! Ask Lee Ann about her puppy-dog.
Amateur Extra operator Bob Runke, AB7RR, is your net control for the 4th and possibly 5th Friday evenings of the month. Ask him how he likes climbing Pinal Peak and be sure to check out the snowy pics his QRZ page!
Located on top of Boswell Hospital in Sun City Arizona. This repeater is a DR-2X Yaesu System Fusion Digital Repeater, set to Digital Mode, with a - 5 MHz offset. We have a new WIRES-X system and our new room number is 81854 for all the out-of-towners or east-side hams.
1) Welcome to the West Valley Amateur Radio Club's morning (or evening) call-in net. This is [YOUR NAME, YOUR CALL] and I will be your Net Control.
2) This is an open, directed, net and all licensed amateur operators are welcome.
3) Our club's NY7S repeater, is located on top of Del Webb Hospital in Sun City West, Arizona and operates on a frequency of 147.300 MegaHertz, which requires a standard positive 600 KiloHertz offset, and a 162.2 Hertz tone.
4) We will break at any time for emergency or time critical traffic. Our normal format is to ask for any QST's then mobiles, short-timers and Echolinks, and finally any other general check-ins.
5) We ask that you allow the repeater to drop completely and wait 2 seconds to allow Echolink users to check-in.
Note: This is a suggested format, and is not written in stone.
West Valley ARC members like to meet at the park and talk
about their radios and antennas. We look forward to getting together again this fall.
The first Monday of the month we socialize at 6 PM, before the meeting begins at 7 PM. For now, we meet on Zoom & in-person. Look for the next meeting date and time on our Homepage.